We know oriental and area rug cleaning
A periodic oriental rug cleaning will help your area rugs look better and last longer. It may be time to get your rugs cleaned. Grit and dirt accumulated in the foundation of rugs will cause damage over time. Only a professional rug cleaning will fully clean and protect your area rug from long term wear and damage.
Let Cornerstone restore your oriental rug back to its original beauty
1) Oriental & area rug cleaning. 2) Stain guard protection. 3) Deodorization. 4) Moth prevention. 5) Machine and handmade fringing. 6) Hand serging & reweaving. 7) Machine binding and serging. 8) Pickup and delivery available.
ABOVE LEFT-RIGHT: Spot removal, Shampooing, Washing, Drying.
The Area Rug Cleaning Process
We use a 16-foot wide full bed Moore machine that is specifically engineered and designed to wash a wide array of hand-made and machine-made rugs. The solution to great cleaning starts before your rug is washed. First, we send your rug into a dusting machine where all the grit and dust that has been embedded deep into the pile is removed. After a thorough dusting, the rug is tested for colourfastness. At this stage blockers may be added if the rug exhibits a tendency to bleed. Then spot and stains will be attended to by hand. Next, the rug goes into the bath. The rug is soaked in both water and soap and its pile gets lightly scoured, then it goes under the jet wash and comes out through the wringers at the back of the machine. The rug then gets hung on a drying pole and goes into a well-ventilated temperature controlled drying room. The fringes are hand-cleaned before the rug is brought down off the pole.
CALL 519-740-9991 or DROP OFF your rugs at one of our stores.
Key spill cleaning tips
1. Always first scrap or blot up excess substance.
2. Always test solutions on a small out-of-the-way area for colour fastness.
3. Always work from the outer edge towards the centre of stain and blot frequently with dry white cloth & blot dry.
4. Keep a quality spotlifter on hand. Cornerstone has an excellent one for carpets and oriental rugs. That works!